Endive versus Kale

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
VR1Ton

Ian Hamilton wrote: 11 Feb 2019, 15:41
VR1Ton wrote: 09 Feb 2019, 18:57 Try sprouting clover in trays, grows quickly, about 7 - 10 days old and is ready, devoured in minutes, everything eats it, including the quail.
Interesting you mention clover. I've seen first hand other breeders that do this with the same result. Clover is supposed to be very good too - loads of enzymes I think ( loads of something good, but I cant remember).

But also, in those same aviaries there is no growing green life in there either, and frankly they would devour almost anything given to them.

So my question is, do you have anything growing in the aviaries as a source of food, and if so, how did you get them onto clover when they have choice ?

As you can probably suspect, I had no success with it & gave up after a couple of months !
Planted aviaries I had softbills in, have green panic growing in the yard and feed at the same time, with most hitting the clover before the panic. Use to grow endive, but take too long to get to a reasonable size and able to take being chewed back, then you've got to have the next couple of batches ready to go. Clover is just so much easier, was planting twice a week to stage the growth, but don't bother any more, do a weeks worth at a time.

Return to “Diet & Food”