Tonic Seed Mix

For all your questions about diet and food for your finches
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

:wtf: $200 a kilo??? much bigger incentive to harvest my orchard of trees! I already have half a bucketful.
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
jusdeb
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ah memories of punishing the children with tedious chores ....sighs now Id have to pay the buggers .
Accept that some days you are the pigeon, and some days you are the statue.
David Brent
casehulsebosch

Nutriwing? Are you getting your seeds from Tony in WA. Lucky buggers. cheers, Case
Matt

jusdeb wrote:Ah memories of punishing the children with tedious chores ....sighs now Id have to pay the buggers .
Know what you mean Deb. I just ask them if they still want to eat!

Case - Yes they come from WA. Didn't know the contact name as I got my wife to fetch them for me. Does it sound like I get others to do my dirty work?
RedFacedPieds

The best Tonic Seed Mix I have found is from Greensborough Grain Store (Victoria). It has everything in it & my Parrot Finches go nuts over it.
$50 for 20kg bag. If you are from interstate you can have the bags delivered to your front door by TRANSDIRECT. (do the paper work online or ask Tori to do it for you)
They charge max of $20 per bag or if more than 1 bag ordered the freight drops down to $15 a bag. Including freight this is half price that's avail in any fodder store.
I have yet to find ANY Tonic seed mix that matches this.

Cheers
RFP
wagga

Some of these commercial blends of tonic seeds can be closely guarded secrets as I was told by the people at Elenbee bird seeds in Sydney. Exact blend ratios of the seed including the chemical analyses of the seeds, moisture content/percentages of protein/essential amino acids/trace elements etc, by an agronomist and laboratory scientists is required to ensure that the seeds are harvested at the optimum time.

Before all this processes happen the primary producer (farmer) has to factor in these hidden costs as well as to plant the seeds, irrigate, fertilise, harvest, transport, fuel, packaging and handling, and government taxes which is all built into the price structure of each bag of seed. Not to forget, there is the retail outlet markups on top of each bag of seed as well.

Sorry Matt for going off on another tangent BUT to play the devils advocate my question is ' by trying to copy a 'trademark' blend or formulation' are we endorsing others to break the law by stealing/piracy, in that we not paying any royalties due on the product? :wtf: :crazy:
Life in Port Macquarie is the ultimate Aussie sea change lifestyle.
TomDeGraaff

wagga wrote:Sorry Matt for going off on another tangent BUT to play the devils advocate my question is ' by trying to copy a 'trademark' blend or formulation' are we endorsing others to break the law by stealing/piracy, in that we not paying any royalties due on the product? :wtf: :crazy:
That's an interesting point. Can a recipe composed of natural ingredients that have simply been mixed and not "processed" be patented? I wonder.
arthur

Didn't some 'multinational' copyright the human genome

If you have enough money you can do what you like apparently :think:
RedFacedPieds

I have requested Greensborough Grain Store to advise me of what's in their VITREX tonic mix. Awaiting a reply.
Cheers
RFP
RedFacedPieds

Vitrex tonic seed mix consists of:
Linseed,canola,lettuce,onion,celery,poppy,nigar,corriander,carrot,canary,panicum,rye.
20kg bag for $56.00

Cheers
RFP

Return to “Diet & Food”