Green seed

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Dazza

I do find it strange the people say I are lining my pockets I seen someone say they paid $165 a esky that was two years ago and that same person sold tubs to me for $35 a tub so that is $315 a esky now that is lining pockets just a thought
Dazza

This may help the confusion I have never done this before it goes from Lowe’s to storage then transport to Melbourne then storage which all has to be paid for up front my problem was I wanted to have pick up on weekend once again trying to help so I had to hire a truck or pay for delivery on that put price around to $200 a esky so I ended up getting it transported to Dandenong as for 42 on pallet not sure we’re that come from as the transport cost per pallet so if you get six on pallet which is min or 42 which is max it cost the same
Alf63

I don't use the stuff although I can get something similar from a grower 10 minutes down the road (I have 6 tubs in the freezer I was given last year). All I can say is that if someone is prepared to take on making the necessary arrangements and take the risk of people not turning up or mucking you around there is absolutely no reason they should do that for free.

40+ years keeping birds has taught me dealing with birdo's is not always hassle free. If you want the seed you have a choice of paying the price or doing it yourself, either way no complaints. If like me you don't use it then who cares what it costs.
mr skeeter

I don't have a problem with anyone making a small profit for there work but not $40 dollars a box x43 that has been in the past that most people did not know, lets just move on because its not worth all the negative coverage. bird breeding is such a great hobby and bloody hard work we should all help each other, cheers
garyh

agree mr skeeter ,best part is the bird people of melbourne are the winners,cheers garyh
Dazza

I seems everyone getting nickers in knot the seed hasn’t been harvested yet and still 3 weeks off if everything goes right so no orders have been taken and none been orderd so please get facts right
noah.till

I think this topic has heated up a bit gents, for the good of the forum I think we better cool off a bit and forget this happened rightio
Cheers
Noah Till
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The question has been answered, and if anyone would like to get involved in procuring the green seed, I encourage them to contact Dazza directly.

I'm going to quote E Orix; whose initial comment on this can be the "official" forum position.
I think you are being a bit harsh on the person.
If he is willing to go to the trouble of organising it he deserves some assistance.
The cost of phone calls,stress from people not picking up etc. what he is asking is cheap.
Believe me it it not an easy job trying to organise anything let alone a frozen product.
I say well done to the chap.
Craig52

Darrell if you do tend to go on with the purchase please keep us informed on this topic, also ask members to pm you with their orders.
Keep updating on here when it is ready to go and when it arrives in Melbourne. Craig
Dazza

Craig will do

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”