Software for managing birds

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Clpath32

Ok guys I'm have the same issue I think joe is on holidays ..his very good in replying I'm sure he will get back to you shortly ...he will do and update and fix all these problems , there are little issues but they will be fixed soon ..just keep on telling telling him the issue he will fix them up soon , cheers.

Regards
Claude
nathau

I've been trying very hard to find a good, reliable online/ electronic documenting system to. I've found a few actually, but am still a bit hesitant to purchase, due to the same reson, how do I know if it is secure enough. I suppose one that was purchased and downloaded and doesn't require the internet to run after being downloaded could be a lot more secure. Not to sure, but there's a few good ideas on here, will have to check a fefw out :)
Clpath32

There will be an update soon as joe explains in his note ...to all Australian breeders using Bird Breeder Pro..cheers.. :thumbup:

Currently our software is setup linked to live hosted database, which I initially choose due to the prospect of setting up smartphone and tablet apps for Android and Apple devices, so users could enjoy their software on the go but the consensus on users feedback is that they would prefer the software to be localised all on their own computer/laptop ie the database on their own computer.

At present, I am currently in the process of moving home into a new build house, so as you can appreciate, I have some manual labour ahead of me but in that time I will be doing up my plans, to change the setup of the software, so the database is setup on the users own computer, then maybe away that if the user wants they can sync to a live database so in the future they can use their smartphones or tablets to use the software on the go.
I have a lot of valued customers down under in Australia, who have been giving priceless feedback so I will do everything in my power in the next few months to cover all their requests. If anyone has feedback for me, just drop me a wee email and I'll get back to you.
Please know it can take a few days for my reply as I also work full-time and as mentioned I'm in the process of moving house.

Regards, Joe
Blue Cuban

I see that this thread is over a year old but I to was looking for some kind of software management system.
Currently I'm playing with "Bird Evolution", it's got some good features and I like the lay out. How it compares to others I dont know due to this being the only system I've look at to date.

I did try the hardware but pen and paper wasn't my thing... :frogg:
Hobby finch Keeper
Diane

Check out http://www.finchbreederdatabase.com
The creator is a member of this forum.

You will have to register to have a look around, but its free. Ive been using it for 4 years now and I find its a brilliant system. You can create 2 or 3 generation pedigrees for each bird, print out in PDF or HTML, there are fields to enter everything you would ever wish to record about a bird. You can organize by species, by sex, by aviary, add pics, have a Log Book. Also available is a genetic forecaster with full colour for gouldians.
You can also add tiny icons of your birds to your signature on this forum.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
Dutchlindsay

Jayburd wrote:Finchbreederdatabase.com :thumbup:
great pics! :thumbup:
Life rewards action
Dutchlindsay

Uraeginthus wrote::think: I am also interested in this. I would like to set something up before my variety becomes too great to "catch up". I want to establish a system at the start. :) :thumbup:
Want to do the same thing with the same motive you had.
How are you going? You must have some experience now. Are you using finch breeder database or something else?
Cheers
Life rewards action
TomDeGraaff

Hi Dutchlindsay.
To be honest, I haven't done anything as yet. I still have only a few species and have yet to research further.
You have, however, motivated me to start!!
I know that I do not want a web-based system. I prefer to keep my records in a way that I can access them without a need to log onto something in cyberspace.
Will post an update as I find something.
Cheers
Tom
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there were enough people interested in providing direction, feedback and testing; I could develop something a bit more solid than these offerings as an Open Source project - although only on Windows.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The ideal program has. Year, Sire, sires parents, Dam, dams parents, No. eggs laid, no chicks hatched, Round 1, Round 2, Round 3. Type of finches.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”