Software for managing birds

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
BlackCobra

There is a guy at Quicksales.com.au selling, Bird Collector and Breeder Professional Software CDROM
for $49.95 instead of $79.95 what I can see of the software it looks good, his user is bugs007bugs he has sold lots items so feedback looks good.
Its in pets & then bird part.
I don't know this person I only just come across it.
Diane

Try ebay for the same guy, price is far cheaper. Has two different variations of the database. Ive just bought a plant based one one for my clivia plants, havnt used it it fully yet but seems easy to navigate.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bird-Collect ... 3ccd28101c
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Bird-Collect ... 3ccd5bf85c
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
BlackCobra

The Guy that makes the software is called Joe if you want to contact him direct [email protected]
I don't know this guy but to me, I would prefer to buy from a Australian guy than over seas.
Diane

Yes Joe, thats the guy, Bardwell Park NSW I have his business card that was sent with the cd.
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
meepmeeps

sorry i didnt post back sooner folks! i have been looking about and seeing whats already been done and also trying to find out how much of a big project this would be.
firstly this would be a HUGE project as there are so many types of different birds to list and there is a whole lot of information to gather for each species. my guess something of this magnitude would take a pretty fair sized team working together. a developer would begin with only 2 options...

1) a single application for each species
2) an application that covers most or all species

a developer would then need non-copyright images that could be used within the appliction, reliable source of date required for each species, helpful tips on easy layouts and usability from others who would be using the application, most importantly the time to write and compile it all.
i dont think i would have time for such a large project but i might have a long think about it efore i jump to any conclusions :) will have to dig out my MS Visual Studio DVD and see how i feel
Netsurfer

Netsurfer wrote:
Aussie_Bengo wrote:Hi,

I have started giving Kintraks a go. It is free for the first 60 entries, and then it costs only $20 AUD to unlock it after. Also I like it because there is a Mac version (and Linux).
I have yet to use it to its potential but looks quite OK (probably all that I would need) and the free 60 entries at full functionality lets you work it out for a while.

http://www.kintraks.com/index.htm

Cheers.

Paul
That's excellent for $20! Pay by PayPal, easy! ;-)
On second thought!

I ended up buying the Kintraks, I was disappointed, it's OK for dogs, cats, rabbits etc, certainly not for birds! It's asking you to name the birds ( :twisted: ) I can't remember names of all the people I know how could anyone possibly remember all of their fledgling names? :hothead: There are no entries for ring numbers unless you wanna name your birds o1, 02, 03 etc. It's hard to work out where and how to enter and save data. Although I only paid $20 it is not what I wanted, If anyone's thinking of buying a software, buy one for Birds, even if it costs you another $20 -$30 more, you won't be disappointing. $50 is a good price.
Clpath32

Hello everyone,

I have came across a bird breeding program that is as good as any other and at a very good price then the rest of the breeding software out there and as equal and even better then the rest of the bird breeding software it has everything and for around $15 AU well worth it . Hers the link : http://www.birdbreederpro.com/

You can try the program for yourself for free and if it suites you then you can just buy it ..but for the price you can not go wrong you can also put photos and keeps all your pedigree of your breeding records it's fantastic for me and I thought ill share it with the Finch Forum .

The programmer of the software also has his sight on mobile phone and iPads Apps for Apple or Android and probably the first ever bird breeding program , enjoy .

Regards
Claude
johnmw1

Clpath32 wrote:Hello everyone,

I have came across a bird breeding program that is as good as any other and at a very good price then the rest of the breeding software out there and as equal and even better then the rest of the bird breeding software it has everything and for around $15 AU well worth it . Hers the link : http://www.birdbreederpro.com/

You can try the program for yourself for free and if it suites you then you can just buy it ..but for the price you can not go wrong you can also put photos and keeps all your pedigree of your breeding records it's fantastic for me and I thought ill share it with the Finch Forum .

The programmer of the software also has his sight on mobile phone and iPads Apps for Apple or Android and probably the first ever bird breeding program , enjoy .

Regards
Claude
Hey Claude,

Thanks for posting that link I'm taking the program for a spin right now and yes you are correct in saying how good it is for the price.

Cheers,
John
BrettB

I am trying the trial program of Bird Breeder Pro and am having a lot of problems
Screens are taking a long time to load, a number of screens give me "program not responding" messages, I can not get into the Add breeding pair screen.

Has anyone else experienced these difficulties?
Does the full version run significantly better than the "trial" version?

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
johnmw1

BrettB wrote:I am trying the trial program of Bird Breeder Pro and am having a lot of problems
Screens are taking a long time to load, a number of screens give me "program not responding" messages, I can not get into the Add breeding pair screen.

Has anyone else experienced these difficulties?
Does the full version run significantly better than the "trial" version?

Cheers
Brett
Hi Brett,

Yes I was having issues with pages loading slowly but put it down to my pc as it's pretty much the norm for me. I have emailed Joe asking him a couple of things about the program but so far have had no reply, I'll give him a few days to get back to me. I have also just run the program again and I can confirm that I was getting the "not responding" messages as well but eventually it did kick in. I do find some of his headings a tad confusing but I guess I'll work it out eventually, and for the money that it asks for the full program I cannot complain too much, although I still think Birdrec is still the best program for the job but a whole lot more expensive.

Cheers,
John

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”