Mouse

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Steven

Have been having a few mouse problems lately in my aviary :x not sure why we have never seen them around the home before. The other week one got suck in the chicken mush when trying to escape from the aviary. Had one last night to caught it eating the seed :x

If it keep happening might need to set up a few mouse taps at night not in the aviary but around it to stop them from getting in to it.
Page0044

You might need to set some baits Steven
Cheers
Greg
gomer

baits work well.Its that time of the year they are all coming in getting out of the cold.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Steven

Yeah will get some 2morrow if I get the time.

Cheers
fincher

yes this time of year is the worst for mice as there all looking for new dry homes for the winter. best way is baits. or if you cant use baits then try ketch it alls
Steven

Ok thanks Chris
toddles044

yer i on with chris on this one all you can do is bait or trap see when i ahve problems i first look in the avairy and see if they are nesting in the avairy or hiding and then get them and destroy there nest and try and get them but yer hope you can slow them down so the dont eat your birds see i had a princess parrot and did not check on her to much and then i found her dead coz the mouses had made a nest under her and then ate her alive thanks toddles
Steven

Sorry for your lost Todd. They came back last night so getting the baits and traps today.

Cheers
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if the mongrels are getting in from outside and not living in the aviary. try running some 5mm wire around the base and then setting the traps at the ponits where the mice most likely got it. saves the worry of having a bird getting caught
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Steven

Hey Mick, I also had that in mind about adding 5mm wire around the base might give that a try to.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”