Help out with Black Throat research

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
ianmckenzie

is this still relevant..?
I have some of these and can help if required...
please contact me.
mickw

Has anyone heard even preliminary results from their samples? I read somewhere a post referring to dr Stan presenting prelim DNA data mapping at Finches 14 maybe?
SamDavis

mickw wrote:Has anyone heard even preliminary results from their samples? I read somewhere a post referring to dr Stan presenting prelim DNA data mapping at Finches 14 maybe?
Stanley Tang is speaking on Black-throats at the May 13 FSA meeting. We'll find out more plus up-to-date information on the Galilee Basin Black-throat finch issue.
Finches2011

In answer to Mickw, yes Stanley Tang was one of the speakers at Finches '14, along with Juliana Recheleto, the other PhD student we have working on the ecology and options for conservation management of the remaining populations of Southern blackthroats (Parsons). We will publish their papers in due course, but at that time the genetic analyses were incomplete. There were many samples from aviary populations as well as from the residual wild populations. For both students their key results will have to appears in scientific journals before details can appear in bird journals.
NFB

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”