Releasing Zebras

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've heard of large numbers of aviary-bred zebra finches being released in Adelaide during weddings. When I questioned whether this was wise, the response given was "the noisy miners kill 'em all pretty quick"
TimidFinch

ShaneGowland wrote:I've heard of large numbers of aviary-bred zebra finches being released in Adelaide during weddings. When I questioned whether this was wise, the response given was "the noisy miners kill 'em all pretty quick"

I know zebras are probably low on the food chain, but releasing doomed birds seems anything but romantic. I almost hope the marriges are just as doomed.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Very poor attitude on behalf of those who release the birds. OK some people may do it out of ignorance. But those that do it knowing the birds will be attacked and killed! I persume they also kick their granny with an attitude lke that. :thumbdown:
LML
LML
Meg

Why not just give the bird to a shelter or rescue group instead where it will get the best care and a good home? A lot of these places will even pick it up from your home.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”