Fledgling Zebra Finch Foot not working.

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Zippythedoublebar

Hi all I have a fledgling zebra finch I've been looking after for about 10-12 days now he has just fledged about 3 days ago and I've noticed one of his feet don't wrap around and when ever he's on the ground he is always on his heels he can perch but it obviously is a struggle for him...
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It happens occassionally, causes could be anything from the parents not feeding a good mix of foods to a genetic defect which may or may not be related to the relatedness of the parents. Just wait and see is all you can do. While offering a large range of foods.
LML
LML
Zippythedoublebar

finchbreeder wrote:It happens occassionally, causes could be anything from the parents not feeding a good mix of foods to a genetic defect which may or may not be related to the relatedness of the parents. Just wait and see is all you can do. While offering a large range of foods.
LML

Sadly he passed away yesterday he's name was lucky we don't even know what happened just after I fed him he just looked up at me to say his final goodbyes and then he just died like that......... we rushed him to the vets but they couldn't save him I was so upset but that's life I guess

RIP lucky
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”