Seed Flickers...

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
toothlessjaws

I've noticed lager sized hoppers for fowl have ridges:

http://www.barterandsons.com.au/images/ ... er-3kg.jpg

I can only assume this is to stop the same problem. I wonder why they don't have these on smaller hoppers. it could be the solution?

This could kinda work too:

http://www.fabartdiy.com/wp-content/upl ... torial.jpg
Tiaris

the best solution is to offer the different seeds separately - no mix.
Zippythedoublebar

Alll my seeds are separated just I think mine favour the 'redder' red millet and spill it all over the floor but I have a fix! Quails! 30 of them actually! I don't even need to feed them I give em a small bowl and they are literally the hunters and gatherers of the aviary.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
arthur

Just be careful that the quail don't go short of food
TimidFinch

I use a seed trough as opposed to hoppers, too. For two reasons: forces them to eat all the seeds, not just their favourites and curbs attracting rodents. I also have it built in such a way that I don't have to enter the aviary at all to refresh it.

The birds don't seem to do their business in there, but when they do, the seeds almost act like kitty litter in that the seeds and poos form clumps which can be sifted out.
Zippythedoublebar

arthur wrote:Just be careful that the quail don't go short of food

They don't trust me! I started off with quails I'll never not give them thought
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”