sick to death of this

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
melby

I've checked roof and it's all clear.

I went down to bunnings and bought some coopex. I sprayed all our carpeted areas today. We have half floor boards and half carpet. I've got my ultrasonic thingy's plugged in. They say it can take up 2 - 4 weeks to clear out all the bugs.

In the mean time we are loosing birds. I don't know what to do with them. 2 blues died on the weekend and 1 RH normal died yesterday. We've thoroughly sprayed them with Avain insect liquidator on Sunday, and just in case a fungal bacteria has effected them, we are giving them KD cleanser in their water, but they are STILL scratching. I don't understand.

They are no longer in their avairy's. We transferred them all into 4 separate cages (which we treated first) and have placed them in the shed, away from the house.

Has anybody got any ideas of why they could possibly still be scratching???
gomer

What state or city are you in as it is not on your profile.I know of a few good avian vets,you can post dead birds to them to be anaylised,so you can treat the others.sounds like you need specailist help from a avian vet.could be a bacterial infection.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Mickp
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

there are some avian vet contact details in this topic
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=815
Mick.
Finch addict and rodent hater.
Rachaelmt

melby wrote: 25 Jun 2009, 11:36 Today I am writing out of pure and utter misery.
6 weeks ago we got bird mites in our house. "
Hi and as a newbie here, I hope I'm writing a response correctly - apologies if I am not.
My name is Rachael, and I have been dealing with some sort of infestation for just over three years now. Unfortunately, I have MS and this acts as a nice little distraction for all the doctors, Pest Controllers, and professionals that I have gone to asking for help.

I have put a message up on birdmites.org too, but, of course there's not much help pertaining to Adelaide SA, so I am feeling much the same as you are. ;)
Feel free to respond and maybe we can help to drag each other out of it :D
Rachael

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”