Weebills in captivity?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
toothlessjaws

E Orix wrote:I doubt if it was a Weebill most likely a Pardalote
Actually, like Timidfinch I am also a fellow Melbournian and I live the inner city. One of these Weebills, which i had never heard of before reading this thread a couple of weeks ago, was outside my window yesterday obviously attracted to my garden and the sounds of other birds. For a split second i thought maybe my hen OB had again escaped or my hen jacarini. But it was a weebill no doubt about it.

tiny little bird.
MuzzaD

Yes "finch breeder" we are lucky in WA. Yesterday from my "alfresco", in the Perth Hills was able to photograph Western Magpies, pink and grey galahs, a Crested Pigeon pair, Red Tailed Black Cockatoos, "Twenty Eight" parrots, a raven or two,young Splendid Wrens and heard what I believe are New Holland Honeyeaters in the shrubs by the house.
At different times of the year other varieties also come in.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are regularly near Murdoch Uni, bothering :silent: visiting, the son, and their are NH Honeyeaters there all the time, as well as magpies and crows and the resident willi wagtail. And then the 28's and black cockies go over fairly regularly, as do corellas and galahs. We are a lucky state. Even if we do have to be careful not to argue with the roos driving just south of Dongara, because they are very thick on the ground this year.
LML
LML
nxe04d

Don Burke at FSA meeting. I have changed my yard and gardens and no ferals visit anymore. Worth a thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCQAIjwSdgM

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”