Freighting Bundaberg to Ingham

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Masterfincher

Hi, anyone know of any good freight companies to get a few birds from Bundaberg to Ingham in Queensland, without them having to go to Brisbane first? Thanks.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

All the times I have freighted out of Bundaberg they all change flights Brisbane :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
iaos

I recently got some birds from Gomer. They got driven from Portland to Mt Gambier, then flew Mt Gambier < Adelaide < Brisbane < Newcastle. At least 12 hours in a box.

If the birds are in good condition and well packed, as Gomer's birds were and the weather conditions aren't extreme. The birds will have no issues going Bundaberg < Brisbane < Ingham.

Cheers
Ian
Masterfincher

Thanks Ian and Vettepilot,
So far got a quote by dog movers, pick up Bundaberg drop off Ingham the next day for $120, or Qantas air freight via Brisbane, about 6 hours total time, for $65. Cant seem to find any other freight companies willing to move birds that far by road.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Qantas is really all we have in Bundaberg....allow 1.5 to 2hrs in Brisbane before they fly out again... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Jo_Issy

Can you tell me how the finches coped with the trip? I'm looking to get gouldians from Adelaide to Darwin but am concerned how they will go. I'd be devastated if they didn't survive.
Cheers

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”