Stress perches? Benefits?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Zippythedoublebar

Hi, what are the benefits of stress perches does anyone use them readily???!? :?:
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
arthur

Probably don't do any harm . .

But I think that your time spent in making them could be better spent in other areas
Tiaris

Agree with Arthur. Probably best to use the time & materials to make nest boxes. Gouldians just aren't that aggressive/territorial.
Zippythedoublebar

Yes thought so just didn't really see the point.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Gouldians just aren't that aggressive/territorial.
I don't think my young redheaded cock would agree with you right now, as his dad (orange head) is making very sure he keeps away from Mum and the new nest.
But as long as the avairy is spacious enough, 3.6 x 1.2 in this case, they can find their own space without too much fuss. So I have not bothered.
LML
LML
Zippythedoublebar

finchbreeder wrote:Gouldians just aren't that aggressive/territorial.
I don't think my young redheaded cock would agree with you right now, as his dad (orange head) is making very sure he keeps away from Mum and the new nest.
But as long as the avairy is spacious enough, 3.6 x 1.2 in this case, they can find their own space without too much fuss. So I have not bothered.
LML

Good good

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”