Crimsons - live food conversion

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Boma

l'm interested in getting some Crimson finches, but they have only ever eaten termites as live food. I will be able to provide them with maggots (after I learn how to produce them). My concern is they may not convert over to maggots and they may not breed as a result of the diet transfer. Has anyone had any experience in changing the live food diet of finches and was it successful?
branchez

Boma wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 21:49 l'm interested in getting some Crimson finches, but they have only ever eaten termites as live food. I will be able to provide them with maggots (after I learn how to produce them). My concern is they may not convert over to maggots and they may not breed as a result of the diet transfer. Has anyone had any experience in changing the live food diet of finches and was it successful?
PM sent.
Jack
Craig52

They will be fine with maggots and a few mealworms, my original prs came from Qld from a breeder that only fed termites. Just make sure they have live food on tap when they have young as well as plenty of green seeding grasses plus if you can, soaked/sprouted seed. Craig

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”