plastic garden pot size help

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
shnapper20

hi I have an area up the side of my house suitable for growing grass, greens etc. in pots. the area is 10 *1.5m so I should be able to have ample pots. The area probably only gets 2-3hrs direct sunlight a day, yet I have never seemed to have had any problem growing weeds there. I had intended to sink about ten empty pots through my aviaries, which would allow me to rotate pots with grasses etc through the aviaries by slipping them into the empty sunken pots. As suggested by E Orix in his youtube discussion on grasses and aviary plants. So given I have 10 empty pots, I would need at least 10
more to fill them and for each rotation I would need another 10, so Im guessing I would need 40-50pots or more? The pots up the side of the house would probably need trays so they are less likely to run dry. Then I figure they shouldnt be to big for they would be to heavy to lug around, yet they shouldn't be to small or they will fall over. So off to ebay I go I start tallying up an order and im suddenly in the hundreds of dollars, with a few doubts about how to attack this. So here I am hoping to pick the brains of those who have tried this before, So if you have any suggestions prior to me parting with my money I would gratefully like to hear them thank you john
garyh

I go to the local nursery and ask for any discarded pots,they are quite willing most times to get rid of them,although asking for 50 or so you might have to visit a few places,garyh
wcgpaff

your local recycling depot is also a good place to get plant pots very cheap
Reelfun

Ask a local landscaper as they are always disposing of them

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”