Aviary deaths

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I got myself an orange breasted hen from the source that Nicko gave me. Thanks mate. She has settled into the avairy without any hesitation and she and her new mate are happily hanging round together, couple of the first to the greens. She was only quarantined for a week, yes Im less careful than many people, but go on personal observation of the birds. And that has worked for me, mostly sucessfully, for many years. But, I never release a bird into a new avairy after lunch time. And i find putting some greens on the main food location when the new bird/s are released to attract their attention helps.
Together with watching carefully over the first week in the avairys for any sign of stress that may indicate they are not finding the food or being harrassed. Also got a pair of Africans and a pair of Red Zebs at the same time and treated them the same. All are doing fine. These pairs were for new bloodlines as my linebreeding was in need of a refresher. Mind you I had to rescue one of my Red Zeb cocks from the new boy when new boy decided to take existing boys lovely mate from him. :shifty:
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”