Which finch

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
SteveG

I am a newbie to keeping finches, but I feel I've started well with a pair of Zebras in a 2x2x2 outside aviary. They are even sitting on eggs.
My question is that I'd like to add another pair but I'm not sure which finch species.
Could I get your opinion on a finch that is relatively cheap and hardy to go with my Zebras

Thanks
A newbie wanting to learn
branchez

Hi Steve,if the dimensions of your aviary are in feet then you probably would not want more birds in there.However, if they are in metres then you could add some Stars and Gouldians.
Jack
STUART WHITING

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum :thumbup:

The cage on yer dimensions are perhaps a little on the small side if yer measurements are in feet, if yer looking for another pair of birds to put in their I suppose that you could put a pair of bengalese in with yer zebras, under no circumstances put another pair of zebras in the cage as they'll possibly argue and bicker as zebras are actually quite territorial,

Personally I'd just keep the one pair in the cage and perhaps build or purchase another cage / flight to house other birds,

If yer measurements are in meters this will obviously be considerably better and you could then probably put 4-5 pairs of mixed zebras and bengalese in there together, these will be yer best birds to start off with.

Be lucky
SteveG

I'm so sorry.
The measurement of the cage is in metres
2mx2mx2m
A newbie wanting to learn
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I concur that either Gouldians or Bengos do mix well with Zebs. As do Cubans and/or Canaries. Welcome to the forum and enjoy whatever choice you make.
LML
LML
WILLYMEL

HI GOOD ONE YES TRY GOULDIANS AND PAINTED AND STARS ARE NICE :thumbup:

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”