What would you chuck in this aviary?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
elferoz777

After a few yrs of partitioning one of my larger aviaries ive decided to revert back to one large flight and go for a mixed collection.

I have to say i was losining interest with the smaller flights with fewer pairs. It wasnt the same and i spent more time cleaning n feeding than enjoying them.

Anyhow im overwhelmed with ideas on what to throw in the aviary. I am planning to keep my three pair of red zebs but thats it.

The aviary is 4000x3000x1800high.

What would you chuck in if you had this empty in your back yard? (Finches and/or neophemas)

Was thinking

3 prs red zebs
Red siskin pr
Jacarini pr or pied rfpf
One pair goulds
And maybe some mask finches.....or strawberries again
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Not sure if you would want jacs and strawbs ..as both have nuptial plumage. .being that you put jacs under siskins. .go the masks.... I to used to have separate aviaries. ..and last 3 times have gone the community route by reasons quoted by you....birds still breed. .but not as many which suits me fine....I still keep best young and improve the quality of course. ...
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm with you guys. I have 4 avairys and they are predominately community avairys. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:
My personal taste would be 3 pairs each of Red Zebs, Gouldians and Masks.
But go with what you like best, and can get, that is what will make you happy.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”