help from finch breeders

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
george gaoutsos

i bought a himalayan green finche from breeder inbrookfild melton
i bought 3 pm tuesday and the bird dead nex day
id like to know from the finche breedersif he hes to replace the bird or pay the money back
i would like you oponions .Thanks
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

george gaoutsos wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 19:04 i bought a himalayan green finche from breeder inbrookfild melton
id like to know from the finche breedersif he hes to replace the bird or pay the money back
Depends. .how was bird transported? In a closed box or open cage type...released in morning or afternoon? Put in aviary or put in a quarantine cage?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
george gaoutsos

vettepilot_6 wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 19:30
george gaoutsos wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 19:04 i bought a himalayan green finche from breeder inbrookfild melton
Depends. .how was bird transported? In a closed box or open cage type...released in morning or afternoon? Put in aviary or put in a quarantine cage?
i trasported in open cage and i put in quarantine cage .4 pm next morning 7 am dead
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If in open cage probably stressed. .also if putting in late arfo..need to leave lights on for it to find food and water...sorry but I think you are partially to blame....😯 just my opinion 😯 but I would have asked all those questions to you before selling it. .and if it still died I would replace...πŸ˜‰
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
george gaoutsos

vettepilot_6 wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 19:42 If in open cage probably stressed. .also if putting in late arfo..need to leave lights on for it to find food and water...sorry but I think you are partially to blame....😯 just my opinion 😯 but I would have asked all those questions to you before selling it. .and if it still died I would replace...πŸ˜‰
Im not the only one who has lost birds,in such a short time,from this breeder.
I have received alot of response from breeders on my messages-that they have also lost birds in such a short time.He is a shocking breeder!!!!!!
E Orix

Personal opinion, buyer beware.
Unless you can be absolutely sure the seller knew it was ill you have to cop the loss.
It hurts but it's my opinion. Been in the position both as a seller and buyer.
It is your responsibility to make sure it is healthy and even more important make sure
you do every thing to assist the transportation and requirements the bird needs when you get
home
When I have been involved with losses from my birds to my knowledge they have always been
created by the buyer
If you carried a rare bird like that in an open cage you should be ashamed, a can't believe the
seller would allow it, I wouldn't
arthur

Would be a brave . . or foolish person to comment on this situation . .

But if you saw the bird . . saw the set up . . knew the seller . . or knew of others' dealings with the seller . .

And bought the bird . .

No further comment :silent:
george gaoutsos

arthur wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 20:42 Would be a brave . . or foolish person to comment on this situation . .

But if you saw the bird . . saw the set up . . knew the seller . . or knew of others' dealings with the seller . .

And bought the bird . .

No further comment :silent:
The question which i put to the forum is,does the breeder has to replace the bird,yes or no .
arthur

OK . . since you put me on the spot

IMHO . . NO

And . . since there are probably not too many breeders of that particular finch in the suburb mentioned . . you probably should not have 'named(??) and shamed' without concrete proof, either

Just my view :silent:
george gaoutsos

arthur wrote: ↑27 Jan 2018, 21:15 OK . . since you put me on the spot

IMHO . . NO

And . . since there are probably not too many breeders of that particular finch in the suburb mentioned . . you probably should not have 'named(??) and shamed' without concrete proof, either

Just my view :silent:
I did not mention any names!!!!!Where can you see that i mentioned names?

Return to β€œFinch Discussion & Questions”