Tea Tree specie.

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
collector_and_buyer

Craig52,is that the tea tree that grows in the swampy areas on the coast-south coast NSW.Regards.
Craig52

collector_and_buyer wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 18:02 Craig52,is that the tea tree that grows in the swampy areas on the coast-south coast NSW.Regards.
Leptosperum laevigatum is coastal tea tree, ranges from North of the East coast to South around to WA frequenting coastal and inland from the coast but not NT. It is more prevalent in Southern NSW, Victoria and SA. Craig :thumbup:
collector_and_buyer

Thankyou,much appreciated.
matcho

collector_and_buyer wrote: 21 Mar 2018, 18:02 Craig52,is that the tea tree that grows in the swampy areas on the coast-south coast NSW.Regards.
Although I am not Craig C&B I can guarantee it is the one he refers to. I was lucky enough to be born and bred in an area in the south of Sydney where we had a swamp with this particular ti tree. There were many bird people with aviaries in the area who used nothing else. I only cleared out mine about 6 months ago after near on three years. Stars, painted's love it and goulds will overtake nests built by other species in the brush. It is hard to come by in the Inner Sydney area but have a location that has to be collected by stealth after I duck back home to see mum.

If you can find some you won't have any worries about loss of leaves because it is so fine and holds the foliage even when dry.

Good luck

Ken.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”