Hybrid

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
CathyCraftz

My fawn zebra hen has white streaks on both of her wings, is it possible that one of her parents is a fawn and the other is an albino?
UPDATE: Both hens are getting along very well, no more squabbles but the hen I mentioned keeps switching spots to sleep at night, not necessarily with her companion. But in the end she joins the other hen. They both love to hang out in the nest in the late morning.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
Tass

Hi Cathy

i think the the word your looking for is split, not Hybrid (unless you think your bird is 1/2 Zebra finch and 1/2 something else)

Fawn is sex linked , so in females it cannot be split to anything else

cheers
Tass

just had a thought , it could be pied , that would explain the white
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

As Tass said. A Hybrid is a cross between two different sorts of finches. A mutation is a type of Zeb (or any other creature) that is different from the normal. If your hen is young and white feathers have appeared in her wings, again as Tass said she would be pied. If she is mature and white feathers have appeared this could be a nutritional deficency. More green feed and exposure to sunshine fix most deficencies. A close up pic of the bird would allow for a more accurate assessment.
LML
LML
CathyCraftz

Finchbreeder I have noticed this ever since I bought her from a breeder last September, and the breeder said that she was quite young and will be ready for breeding in a few months' time.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

OK so if she has always had it she is pied. :thumbup:
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”