Cordon Bleu Male Deaths

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
CathyCraftz

Do you keep any other Cordon Bleu males? If so, did you buy them at the same place as the new ones? Try buying some more and see if they last through the night. If they die, you can bring them to the vet to find out why they died.
Have a nice day!
Sincerely, Cathy
“It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – Albus Dumbledore
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Farlie wrote: 26 May 2018, 17:28 The second Male that died was in a cane nest so really unsure what happened. I checked over the body and there were no signs of feathers missing or blood so unsure but observation over the week he was in the avairy he seemed happy and didn't seem to be bullied at all.

Mice aren't an issue and cats don't really care come near the avairy as my dog won't allow it. My dog generally stays on her blanket at night so unsure as to her disturbing the birds at all.
If they are in nest deceased I would think they have gone in there to hide...to my knowledge they dont use a roosting nest. ..so something is going on...what size aviary and how many birds and type?
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”