Breeding anything new this season?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
BrettB

This years aim was to breed Chestnut Breasted and Double Bars.
Still no action on that front
Awaiting DNA testing to see if I am just wasting time and need to change "pairs"

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BrettB wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 13:20 This years aim was to breed Chestnut Breasted and Double Bars.
Still no action on that front
Awaiting DNA testing to see if I am just wasting time and need to change "pairs"
Double bars can be terribly inconsistent. Chances are your pair is fine, but they just weren't in the mood this year.
Norse

bf parrotfinches and plumheads, plums building a nest , bfp very young so not sure if a pair yet
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's
HowieD

Not sure if I've jumped in the deepend too quick but couldn't resist couple of pairs of tri's and golden songs .👍
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

HowieD wrote: 23 Aug 2018, 20:20 Not sure if I've jumped in the deepend too quick but couldn't resist couple of pairs of tri's and golden songs .👍
Good luck with the tri's. Never got them to do much beyond lay clear eggs and die.
HowieD

Thanks Shane have my 🖐Crossed.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

matcho wrote: 19 Aug 2018, 07:57 Still no luck, just about pulling whatever hair I have left out. PM me your Phone No Shane and I will try and send images from my phone.
Hi Matcho,

Sorry for the issues. I've identified the cause of the issue and have applied the suggested fix.

Your photos have been uploaded to a post on the previous page.

Regards,

Shane
shnapper20

I did diamonds tricolours stars and obreasts last year for the first time all bred well . I copied sam davis's fly box design and flooded them with maggots. Im trying red cresteds this yr for the first time. They have been in a large mixed aviary for about 3mths now no sign of aggression so far. The cock displays whenever i enter the aviary and gives a sort of warning call. They spend a lot of time hidden in the shrubbery. Fingers crossed all will go well
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

shnapper20 wrote: 01 Sep 2018, 04:51 Im trying red cresteds this yr for the first time. They have been in a large mixed aviary for about 3mths now no sign of aggression so far.
Good luck with them! I don't think I've seen a red-crested finch in Australia before, I can't imagine they were easy to source.
mr skeeter

fawn, and cinnamon diamonds, white hex, pearl long tails, pied double bars, looking forward to coming breeding season. cheers

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”