Breeding anything new this season?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
elferoz777

Yellow rumps.

Scored 4 prs and put in a big aviary
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
matcho

Thinking about doing a major clear out and trying my hand at Diamonds and Orange Breasts. Done some research and built a pretty smick flybox to try and address the live food requirements. "Thinking" is the operative word!
Norto

Nice! I wanted to try diamonds for a while, how are you finding them in a mixed collection? Not too boisterous?
No mate they have fitted in very well, although they were put in to the Aviary last so maybe that helped as the other pairs were already established in there.
Regards,
Norto
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

matcho wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 21:08 Thinking about doing a major clear out and trying my hand at Diamonds and Orange Breasts. Done some research and built a pretty smick flybox to try and address the live food requirements. "Thinking" is the operative word!
Have you described/shown the fly box you built on AFF? I've been thinking about constructing one for a while, but have never been able to find a design that doesn't have obvious flaws.
matcho

ShaneGowland wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 17:46
matcho wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 21:08 Thinking about doing a major clear out and trying my hand at Diamonds and Orange Breasts. Done some research and built a pretty smick flybox to try and address the live food requirements. "Thinking" is the operative word!
Have you described/shown the fly box you built on AFF? I've been thinking about constructing one for a while, but have never been able to find a design that doesn't have obvious flaws.
Will try and work out how to transfer from my phone but it is nearly identical to the one Sam Davis shows in the Youtube clip about breeding fly larvae.

Ken.
matcho

For the life of me can't work out how to post an image with this new format.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

matcho wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 21:28 For the life of me can't work out how to post an image with this new format.
Click 'Full Editor & Preview' right down the bottom. It'll take you to the old post screen with the attachment upload thingy.

No need to place the images inline, it'll happen automatically once they're uploaded.
matcho

What are the maximum sizes (pixels) allowed. Have to resize photos.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maximum size of 1 megabyte. No other height/width restrictions apply.
matcho

Still no luck, just about pulling whatever hair I have left out. PM me your Phone No Shane and I will try and send images from my phone.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”