The Future of Aviculture

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Brisbane_Finches_333

I've read yours noah.
Aidan [] Junior Moderator [] Breeder of Native and Foreign Finches
Queensland Finch Society Member
2019 ABK Magazine Young Birdkeeper Winner
noah.till

noah.till wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 09:16
Brisbane_Finches_333 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 09:13 I am entering my article in Australian BirdKeeper for young Birdkeeper.
Well good luck with with ABK article, I was the winner from last year, my article (a bit outdated though, a lot has changed) is in the issue of the magazine with the Malabar parrot on the cover (not the last issue, the issue before)
Thanks
Noah Till
A bit of an updated article from myself is in the Queensland Finch Societys Finch news in the may issue I believe
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
noah.till

Brisbane_Finches_333 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 09:18 I've read yours noah.
Thanks mate :thumbup: , Looking forward to yours
Are you attending the September meeting for the QFS, thats when I'm getting awarded with the Aviary package, I thought I might be able to meet up with you there and say G'day
Thanks
Craig52

I'm absolutely gob smacked that you guys are 9 and 12 yo, you are both very mature for your age and so willing to ask a question and take advise and learn from experienced older breeders :D :thumbup:
I'm a member of the QFS and have been since the early 80's and yes they do strive to get young people into aviculture and do a great job.
Enjoy this hobby guys, go do your thing in years to come but come back with your next generation with aviculture instilled in their minds. Cheers Craig.
Brisbane_Finches_333

Thanks Craig! By the way Noah, I am attending the September meeting.
noah.till

Craig, i'm 15, Brissie Finches is 12
Thanks craig, its fantastic people like yourself and other fellow aviculturalists that help push us juniors along, lending a hand and giving such great advice, theres no way this hobby is gonna leave my side
Might see everyone at at the September meeting
Thanks
Noah Till :thumbup:
Brisbane_Finches_333

My parents say I'm too obsessed with this hobby! I also doubt I will stop birdkeeping, except maybe if I'm in an apartment for uni or something. I'm still trying to use every excuse to get a second aviary, but unfortunately my family isn't as bird-obsessed as me. I inherited this from my grandpa who was a finch and quail breeder, but unfortunately he passed a few years back, so I'm the only one in my family who birdkeeps!
noah.till

Yeah, my family are not bird breeders at all, the only birds in my family are the odd pet ones, but even right now I am in the middle of trying to rehome an Indian Ringneck for a cousin of mine.
If there is a will, there is a way, I got my main aviary for my 13th birthday, if you put an ad on gumtree or a notice board wanting giveaway aviaries, there are certainly will be people giving them away for better or for worse, I got an Absco aviary in pretty good condition for my Green cheeked Conures and It was a giveaway along with a heap of Zebbies and 7 bourkes parrots (I have sold 5 of the Bourkes parrots off and almost all of the zebbies)
Just tell your parents 'Its better than me staying inside all day, and there's a bright future on the rise if I continue
A well known parrot breeder- Les Banks always says "Birds are my health, they get me out of bed for excercise, the excersise gives me plenty of sun and the birds brings me joy' (I think thats right)
Thanks
Noah Till
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

While avairys are the way to go. Lots of avairys preferabley, all the way round the back yard. (Still trying to convince hubby of that 2nd statement so stuck with 4 for the time being) A decent cabinet or 2 is still fine when life restricts us. Remember Lonchura's pics on here of his balcony set up of a few years back. My parents passed their love of birds to only 1 of their 5 kids (me) but hopefully will go down to some of their 8 grandies. And like Craig - :o wow you guys are younger than my kids, and so mature. Tell that to the folks when asking for an extra avairy, birds promote maturity. Just don't mention that some of us on here may not quite qualify as mature - more olderer and stranger. :shifty:
LML
LML
noah.till

Brisbane_Finches_333 wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 09:40 Thanks Craig! By the way Noah, I am attending the September meeting.
Great, you'll see me up the front, just wander over and introduce yourself and I will remember, and we can have a chat :wave:
Thanks
Noah Till

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”