Butcherbirds - What to Do?

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Johntel

Do birds generally get the message if you what Talven suggests?
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Depends how smart they are. The smart ones do, the dumb ones don't. Bit like people really.
LML
LML
noah.till

My Butcherbirds got the message in the end a year ago, 2 feet underground that is.....
Downs Bird Breeders Association and Queensland Finch Society Member
2018 Australian Birdkeepers Magazine Young Birdkeeper
Javan Munia, Black Rumped Double bar and Aberdeen Breeding Project
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have lots of predatory birds...usually it is juveniles learning to hunt that are the worst...l built a planted aviary with a double roofed section at rear...at front of the section I have panels that come down aprox 300mm below aviary height with perches behind...so my inmates just fly in and up ...they cant see predator and visa versa....after a couple of weeks predators give up and try somewhere else...l do have 6mm mesh also in case any of my young cling to wire they are still not injured by them...🤔😊
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The young Goshawks seeking new teritories are a big problem round here. Less for me with the finches than for Mum with her Budgies. Wire, covered with shadecloth on top and mist net over the front. They still manage to get the odd one - usually a young hen with considerable breeding potential - cant help bad luck.
LML
LML

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”