Green seed

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
arthur

What Orix said . .

The 3 or 4 D H's that I see on finch related forums all seem to be reasonable people . .

And, including our own

Sadly the old maxim: "No good deed will ever go unpunished!" . . often holds true
garyh

hi david,well DH posted on fb that he has final pricing for the green seed,it comes in at 160.00,would like to think that he did this on his own accord to benefit all aviculturists,but it wasn't, i know the true story,so he was going to make 40.00 per esky and there was 42 eskys, thats $1680.00, not bad for a few phone calls ,and sorry if there is any confusion with the DH,cheers garyh
BLUES

There is a local grower in Shepparton growing a Green Wild Seed Mixture. I have put an order for both suppliers, don`t want to put all my eggs in one basket
Craig52

Darrell "Dazza" just joined the Forum. If you look down at our newest member on the index page it's him. I'm sure he will put a post up soon about the milk seed and the price.
Please don't put others down especially new members.
Buy the way, $160.00 is a great price delivered frozen and if were getting some it's a lot cheaper than the original guys that we used to get it from.
Craig.
arthur

garyh wrote: 20 Feb 2020, 06:56 the guy in melbourne ,DH,is asking $200 per esky,way to much in my opinion as i was buying it for $175,so someone is lining their pockets,cheers garyh
Don't want to start WW3, but if you were happily paying $175, and this guy is charging $160 . . .
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sounds like there may have been some misinformation about the price at the beginning??
LML
LML
garyh

i think the people bring the seed down to Melbourne in the past, didnt have aviculturists best interest at heart and it was going to continue with this new person,now its at the best price it can be,cheers garyh
garyh

Hi craig,when posting i will now check to make sure im not putting down new members,although im only telling the truth about what was about to occur,cheers garyh
mr skeeter

i must agree gary people were making a killing on the frozen seed with the way the bird season has been with the price of seed and the weather its no wonder people are getting out of bird breeding, were all just trying get by and enjoy our hobby but i think money is killing the bird game, ps just my observation, cheers mick.
Dazza

Hi guys yes I are doing the green seed this year i not doing it for profit only to cover my costs no one else was bringing it in at time and I wanted it so thought I could help others as well

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”