Air sac mites

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Profess40

What would you suggest to use to save my boy with air sac mites, got something from my vet but doesn't seem to be working😟
arthur

Go to "Search" function . . in "Quick Links" (Top LHS of page) . . Type in 'air sac mites'
Rod_L

What product did you get from your vet?

Ivermectin is what I use here in Australia but you need to get it from a vet.

You can also use moth balls made from Naphthalene, see following link. You hang the moth balls on the outside of the cage so the birds can't get it, and cover the back, top and 2 sides of the cage with a towel or sheet. Leave the birds in the cage with the moth balls for a week and they should be free of air sac mites after that.
https://www.bunnings.com.au/hovex-18g-m ... k_p4469787
death to all cats & ants
Craig52

70251107_158402328605026_4070133390211284992_o.jpg
You are allowed to use the word moxidectin or plus on this forum but the forum does not sell it so buy it from a reputable source who is licenced to sell it for birds.
Go by the instructions on the container but here is what i do.

Place one drop on the bare skin on the back of the neck and place an addition drop on the bare skin under each wing, your bird will be able to preen that area so it will consume a certain amount WHICH WILL NOT be toxic to the bird in such a small amount consumed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Craig52

Sorry, i just saw you are from overseas so you need to find the right supplier in your country but my method of application should be still the same if using the same medication strength.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”