Looking to buy Grasses for bedding & or eating

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
Jackii1975

Hi there im new here so don't really know how this all works, just here looking for some directions on where to buy bedding materials and possibly seed to grow our own grasses. Im located in South Australia down southern suburbs. Natal, Palm grass, Crows foot.. Any help would be great.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

For eating just plant a little birdseed into pots at intervals, and feed when the green seedheads show. By cutting these just above ground level the birds eat the seeds and use the left overs for bedding/nesting materials.
LML
LML
ianmckenzie

We have some November grass / swamp grass for sale if you would like to buy some.
We go out and harvest the grass each year. So I have plenty of it at the moment
can freight it to you. we find that by visiting different locations- the november grass can have different coarses, and length
if you put fresh long green grass in the cage - they can / may also use this for building their nests - also short green grass from your lawn is good - i allow certain patched in my lawn to grow long....deliberately. free from poison and other sprays.
sterilised duck feather can help too. (the silver lining) in their nest.
we sell this november grass bulk to finch breeders. - as we know they cannot always get it. happy to help.
Regards Ian

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”