Black-bellied crimson Finch

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
harrisca55

Can anyone tell me what millimeter ring size is used to close band a black-bellied crimson Finch
Craig52

We don't use closed bands here in Australia for our aviary bred birds but if we did they would be A2 size for split plastic ring rung birds.
Most if not all crimsons are bred in aviaries here and with all finches it is not recommended to inspect nests due to them deserting a nest of young.
harrisca55

Craig52,
I appreciate this response. I keep my birds in a climate-controlled room. Their flight is six and a half ft by 20 in x 20 in. Obviously there's no such thing as a cage too large for a bird. But that's what I have to work with right now.
Just to be clear the black-bellied crimson Finch are the only birds in that flight. I only have one pair. Any other breeding advice you have for this species would be most welcomed. my current experience is with breeding Forbes finch, redheaded parrot finches, owl finches, society Finch and yellow bodied white breasted gouldians. Two of my gouldian hens have red eyes. I do not know if they have the sex linked gene for albinism, what bodied color gold in would you suggest pairing those two hens with.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Did you breed the two Gouldian hens? If so, what are their parents? This will help to work out the best thing to do.
LML
harrisca55

I rescue these birds from relatively inhumane living conditions. I've managed to bring them back into good health. I have no idea as to their lineage. He's leaning towards pairing them with green bodied gouldians. Opinion

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”