ANTS!

Need some general finch keeping help? Ask your questions here.
spanna

VASELINE!! otherwise known as petroleum jelly. if its on a hook, spread some vaseline around the hook about half way up, making sure you cover the whole way around a couple of millimetres thick, a few centimetres long. ants wont walk across the stuff. then its just a matter of getting them out of the cage. easy, cheap, lasts a long time, no harmful chemicals... have been doing this for years on my feeding benches whenever ants become a problem. hope it helps.
rey2pokey

spanna wrote:VASELINE!! otherwise known as petroleum jelly. if its on a hook, spread some vaseline around the hook about half way up, making sure you cover the whole way around a couple of millimetres thick, a few centimetres long. ants wont walk across the stuff. then its just a matter of getting them out of the cage. easy, cheap, lasts a long time, no harmful chemicals... have been doing this for years on my feeding benches whenever ants become a problem. hope it helps.
I will try this out tomorrow and will let you know how it works out. And thanks to everybody else for the many suggestions, I appreciate it! :mrgreen:
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great minds think alike Spanna. Which is why I had already suggested this on page 3 of this post. :lol:
LML
LML
rey2pokey

finchbreeder wrote:Great minds think alike Spanna. Which is why I had already suggested this on page 3 of this post. :lol:
LML
I knew I had seen that suggestion before. :D
spanna

hahaha, sorry finchbreeder :oops: couldnt remember all the way back to page 3!! :lol:
Pete Sara
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

its alright spanna i would of said axle grease thats all i use, just have remember where u put before you pick up your food tray.....pete
Jayburd
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

if none of that works, last resort is stealing an anteater from the nearest zoo :lol:
Julian

Birdwatcher and finch-keeper.

Feel free to check out my photos here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/lewinsrail/
And my birding antics here: http://worthtwointhebushbirding.blogspot.com.au/
mike12345

jusdeb wrote: 22 Sep 2010, 17:06 In regards to your question in the shout box about ants attracted to chicks ...effective Organic pest control Sydney are scavengers and if they happen upon a chick they will more than likely attack the eyes first then other soft flesh , the chick probably wont survive .
An adult bird under attack from certain ants will not survive either.
Hello,

I am Looking for some ants control product at affordable price, So can you please tell me any good ant control product??
Tiaris

Coopex - available at Bunnings in satchets of soluble powder.

Return to “Finch Discussion & Questions”