Australian Finches

Share your favourite books and links here.
GregH

I stumbled upon a new and relatively under-developed site called Australian Finches during the week. It's a very slick site and quite professionally executed, offering information rather than dialogue. While it's beyond embryonic it's still a hatchling and only offers the experience of one man (but quite successful one if he to be take to his word). I'm all for diversity so I hope his work continues to evolve and improve.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

A quick look indicates it isn't a bad site, for beginners and experienced alike. Though obviously beginners will get more out of it. Needs to do some gramatical and spelling work but otherwise good.
LML
LML
matcho

Had a look as well, looks OK so decided to register just for the heck of it. Received my notification on hotmail. Concerned that the opening on the message from Outlook/hotmail reads "Be careful! This sender failed our fraud detection checks."

For everyones info

I wonder if I am going to be the "sacrificial lamb?" :wtf:

Ken.
BrettB

Just out of interest, is there any more to the site once registered?

Cheers
Brett
"We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are ." Anais Nin
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Can't work out if it is a WA ph or mobile number...or because of the web address if it is Stateside?? strange..
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

W.A. landline numbers begin with 089 as a rule. And a mobile no should have 10 numbers anywhere in Australia. So does make me curious.
LML
LML
Diane

I joined yesterday at 10am and received an email saying I would get another email when activated. Just tried to log in but says Im "Not authorized to log into this site"
Waiting.......
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
matcho

Di,
Same as me but did you get the warning as well in your email?
Diane

No, no warnings at all. I have a yahoo email and run Trend as my security and (touching wood) haven't had an issue with them letting me use a site that has been a problem. If any site is a problem Trend shows me a red and white warning page with the reason for the warning and link that says "Get me out of here"

It doesn't seem to fit the profile of a scam site as it seems rather a lot of work to go through to just be using it as a scam or trolling for email addresses.

Still no response from the site owner as to registration though.

From the website....To reach Australian Finches.com by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm WST) please call (+61) 422519509
The WST, would that be a WA number??
Diane
The difference between Genius and Stupidity is, Genius has it’s limits
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

bluebutterfly213 wrote:Still no response from the site owner as to registration though.

From the website....To reach Australian Finches.com by telephone during office hours (Monday-Friday 8:00am-5:00pm WST) please call (+61) 422519509
The WST, would that be a WA number??
vettepilot_6 wrote:Can't work out if it is a WA ph or mobile number...or because of the web address if it is Stateside?? strange..
finchbreeder wrote:W.A. landline numbers begin with 089 as a rule. And a mobile no should have 10 numbers anywhere in Australia. So does make me curious.
LML
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten

Return to “Books And Links”