What bird is this feather off?

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Havealookwhatuvedone

Immature Crimson Rosella tail feather.
Zippythedoublebar

vettepilot_6 wrote:
Zippythedoublebar wrote:Veiwes 16 times no replies great forum guys......... :clap:
Although there is some bird guys on here...picking a bird by a feather in a pic is nigh on impossible...plus you have to remember most of us a finchos.... :think:
True I probably shouldn't of said that sorry.....
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
matcho

I would have said a King Parrot, given the green, wing or tail, but "hava"has good point, given your location. In the end we will never know...unless you send it in for DNA and pay the dollars. We are all birdos here, most are fincho's but many stray into the "hookbill" side of things but the underlying thing is "birds". Many of us observe birds in the wild as well.

Great to have questions like yours pop up from time to time. Keeps everyone's minds active and those in the rural areas no doubt have seen these feathers. I personally have seen similar down in Callan Park which has a large population of Crimson Rosellas, just need something to jog the memory.

I agree , it is a great forum. :clap: Thought I saw a bit of frustration more than anything. I think the 16 viewers had no input which could solve your problem. Not too worry, all good!

Ken.
Zippythedoublebar

matcho wrote:I would have said a King Parrot, given the green, wing or tail, but "hava"has good point, given your location. In the end we will never know...unless you send it in for DNA and pay the dollars. We are all birdos here, most are fincho's but many stray into the "hookbill" side of things but the underlying thing is "birds". Many of us observe birds in the wild as well.

Great to have questions like yours pop up from time to time. Keeps everyone's minds active and those in the rural areas no doubt have seen these feathers. I personally have seen similar down in Callan Park which has a large population of Crimson Rosellas, just need something to jog the memory.

I agree , it is a great forum. :clap: Thought I saw a bit of frustration more than anything. I think the 16 viewers had no input which could solve your problem. Not too worry, all good!

Ken.
Yes it definently is have a look at this the one in the bottom right is the yellow spot I was mentioning!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
50 Zebras 6 different mutations 1 pair of Cordon Bleus 1 pair of Gouldians 30 King and Button Quail 6 pairs of Society Finches a pair of double bar finches a pair of Red browed Finches a pair of diamond doves and 2 pairs of red faced parrot Finches.
Hoping to get turquoise parrots tri coloured parrot Finches diamond firetails and more Zeb mutations
Weaver

Must be my monitor. Feather looks green to me so I don't think any of the suggestions work for me.
gomer

A green parrot is all i can give you. Crimson, king , ringneck, redwing, other green large bird .cotton pygmy goose just in your area.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
Tiaris

Either King Parrot or crimson-winged parrot.
Zippythedoublebar

Tiaris wrote:Either King Parrot or crimson-winged parrot.

It's a king parrot just compared the crimson wing and king parrot images on google to the one I have definently a King parrot we have heels round here

Return to “The Lounge”