South East Qld.

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
matcho

Just been watching the news this morning and saw some footage of the damage caused by the "Supercell" and tornado that struck SE Qld yesterday. Hope all members in that area have not suffered too much damage/losses. My thoughts are with you all.

Ken.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Trust that you are all OK guys, girls and birds.
LML
LML
Tiaris

We just returned from a sunshine coast holiday last night. On Thursday we visited friends at Tiaro for the day. Storms were forecast & it looked like brewing dark clouds most of the day as it had been for the previous few days. Around 3:30 we left Tiaro to head back to Caloundra & the sky was getting very dark in the west. As we headed south towards Gympie our friend rang and warned that just to the west of us was an approaching wild storm with large hail & "tornado winds". My wife checked the BOM radar & there was a very dark blob approaching Tiaro from the west so we kept hot-footing it south to flank it. There were several tornado alerts on the radio on our trip towards Gympie which made the kids a bit scared. My main concern was the potential hail damage to the car as reports of tennis ball sized hail were in the warnings. We had to stop at Gympie for the young fella's toilet break & our arrival in Gympie had just been preceded by severe wind & hail as there were branches & shredded leaves everywhere. The upshot for us was that we left Tiaro at the perfect time to avoid the approaching tornado in the north and hail storm in the south. Our Friends at Tiaro had their power out for 1.5 days but the main damage was to another town, Tansey, to the south-west.
garyh

Good to hear you are all safe and well,cheers garyh
mr skeeter

WE DONT GET THAT HERE GRAHAM JUST BLOODY COLD WEATHER, GOOD TO C U ARE ALL SAFE AND WELL SAFE TRAVELLING PAL. CHEERS MICK.
Craig52

Yes we do Mick, a few years ago i came back from the Orange Sale via the Newell Hwy. When i reached Shepparton all hell had broken lose with a hurricane. The roads disappeared in hail and all trees had their leaves stripped so it was a mixture of hail and tree debris over 400mm deep on the Hwy plus house hold things like trampolines and anything else that could be picked up and dumped including power lines.
Something i would not like to go through again.
Glad to hear you and the family made it home safe Graham although you are copping a drenching at the moment i see. Craig
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Same here at work approaching storm Ensham mine....glad everyone okay down there...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
mr skeeter

i don't remember that craig but I'm not surprised in melbourne we can get 4 seasons in one day as we know,
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Aussie weather has just plain gone weird. The other evening sitting here at the computor after a lovely fine spring day, and suddenly a downpour. Not once but 2 days in succession. And the son in the southern suburbs had such a loud sudden downpour he thought the local ferals had decided to rock his roof.
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”