Book Review: The Goldfinch by Massimo Natale

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
elferoz777

I had the pleasure of purchasing a copy of Massimo Natale's The Goldfinch.

The book goes through the entire history of the goldfinch and includes painful detail on how to sex and house them. To most of us the book demonstrates a lot of "already knowns" however I think it has a lot to offer both beginners and experts alike.

The book is riddled with pictures and the section on mutations is my favourite.

I attribute my current near success with aviary breeding goldfinches to some of the little tips this book offered.

There is a detailed section on the seeding grasses they require and also a little piece on methods to test and sprout seed.

Its still expensive but worth the buy (IMO) if not for the content or the pictures but for the collector value. its one of those books I think every birdos book collection could do with.

SO maybe reconsider that next split blue gould and do yourself a favor and get this book.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
BluJay

Thanks for the share about this book. I will have to get a copy. I really enjoy good books, more so, if they're not trying to push prouduct. Also I like hard copy books. Ebooks, are annoying. Regards
Finchman1978

Great book has all needed to know .

I got 3 on perch by following some of the tips in it .

Return to “The Lounge”