Carmichael Mine Court Case and Black-throated Finches

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Tiaris

fair enough
Painted4

There was a story about this on The Project tonight, Black-Throat didn't get a mention, sadly
SamDavis

Seems CBA and other banks are reluctant to finance - http://www.smh.com.au/business/mining-a ... isd1l.html
Reubenvg

vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Tiaris wrote:On hearing the decision reported in news today a couple of things seem obvious. The QLD government is very strongly in favour of the mine proceeding without delay. The original decision of Mr Hunt shows that he is not going to stop it going ahead - indeed it seems to have been the undue haste shown by his department that allowed this court appeal to gain some success & they will surely be keen to rectify that situation asap. The applicant is still keen to continue. All up this seems like just a speed bump.
Entirely correct Tiaris... The mine has ordered 55 $3,000,000 each trucks 997e and 993e ....they have not been cancelled..the only thing that I have being told will stop it is if coal prices drastically fall again....(not likely) as far as Blackthroats I have said it before they are happliy on the mine I work on (not mentioned in the survey areas) it will happen as India wants their people to have power in every home by 2020...
Last edited by vettepilot_6 on 13 Aug 2015, 19:29, edited 1 time in total.
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
matcho

They way I took it was that is was because of 2 reptiles and the prior history of the parent company in regards to environmental damage it has caused in other areas around the globe and the total disregard for the environment. The basic feature was the loading docks, damage to the reef and the transport of the coal to the loading area. The black throat really didn't get a mention. The company is going to have another go, maybe if there is a feathered friend included in the species it may have some influence.

Hopefully so.

Ken.
Tiaris

No, it was based entirely on the Federal environment department not properly including some risk assessment data for the 2 reptile species in the original approval - nothing else.
SamDavis

Tiaris wrote:No, it was based entirely on the Federal environment department not properly including some risk assessment data for the 2 reptile species in the original approval - nothing else.
Agree.
Although good to see some banks pulling finance, partly due to bad publicity and partly due (I suspect) to projected falling coal revenue over the life of the project.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SamDavis wrote: Agree.
Although good to see some banks pulling finance, partly due to bad publicity and partly due (I suspect) to projected falling coal revenue over the life of the project.

We had a meeting the other day (as we are the contractors for them) it is still going ahead ...Our Bosses suggested it would be more cost effective to buy coal on open market (because of cheap prices) Adani's message was no they do not want to be tied to world coal prices when they can have their own mine to supply their own power stations...as for finance no..they were only financial advisors...not financers....so sorry to say although it has slowed down it is not stopped at this stage :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
gomer

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-14/a ... fmredir=sm

These guys seem to be up against it. I hope Adani are atleast genuine with the habitat offset area . How ever I doubt it ,it will be just tick and flick to give the spin doctors something to feed back to the general public.

Like the article said the offset area should have started five years before the birds habitat is destroyed to give them time to move to the area. Also to see if any changes needed to be made.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches

Return to “The Lounge”