Meat ants.

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
collector_and_buyer

I live out in the country and had aa big problem with Meat ants,until i found this product,Hymenopthor Ultra granular ant and cockroach bait.It killed out a huge meat ant nest in a few days and was also effective on greenhead ants and those little black ants.Doesn't take much and i have plenty left ,should any more turn up.Just thought i would let others know of this product if they are having ant trouble.
Strop

Nice one C&B where did you buy this product from.
David2406

Yes please, I have a huge nest 10 metres from my aviary. I have lost a newly fledged scarlet parrot as the ants got him one night after he jumped the nest early again.
collector_and_buyer

Hello,www.epestsupplies.com.au has it.It is not cheap.$115.00,but will last you a long time and definitely works well.Some of the other brands are not as effective and don't work at all.My problem was totally solved,and it was a huge nest with ants getting into the aviary every day.Not anymore.Well worth the investment.
jonno0383

Is this stuff safe to use in the aviaries, or only around them?
collector_and_buyer

No,you don't put it in the aviary.You put it around the perimeter of the ants nest and where the ant trails are.You can also put it around the perimeter of your aviary to get any other roaming ants.
Stu

The active ingredient in this product is FIPRONIL which is primarily a termite treatment, for those interested in an alternate or liquid equivalent.
Its also the active in 'Frontline' dog and cat products.
Phillw

collector_and_buyer wrote: 15 Feb 2016, 08:04 No,you don't put it in the aviary.You put it around the perimeter of the ants nest and where the ant trails are.You can also put it around the perimeter of your aviary to get any other roaming ants.
I think it's obvious. You should be extra careful when dealing with :worm: and keep your pets as well as plants away if possible.
Stu wrote: 16 Feb 2016, 22:56 The active ingredient in this product is FIPRONIL which is primarily a termite treatment, for those interested in an alternate or liquid equivalent.
Its also the active in 'Frontline' dog and cat products.
Good point here. For example, the other termite treatment products described on pestcontrolhacks like Imidacloprid, Diflubenzuron or Hexaflumuron might work too."
A black cat crossing your path signifies that the animal is going somewhere.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ants are a bit heavy on this side of the country this year. Spraying with Coopex all round and over the outside of the avairys, and putting Petroleum Jelly on the chains and walls where the nests hang or are mounted. Appears to have worked reasonablely well, though still a few wandering in.
LML
LML
nicko

Amdro is another product, it's protein based so the ants take back to the nest & it kills the queen. Hymenopthor ultra sounds similar.

Return to “The Lounge”