Finches 17 - who's going?

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Tiaris

Gary & the QFS team always do a fantastic job of organising & delivering the conventions. Was the aviary tour worthwhile too?
E Orix

There were 4 aviaries visited all were good with some very good quality birds on show.
I do not want to elaborate on who was visited and birds in particular as the people may not want the
details broadcasted.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

roma9009 wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 19:16 A certain speaker on friday night about how manufacturer aviarys are not appealing to the eye.
Whoever said this I would have to agree...IMO they are only good for use as a holding aviary... incorrect wire used... gaps too large ..no safety door.. wont stand up to heavy winds.... all in all a pretty poor effort ...maybe okay for parrots and such but for finches and wrens etc...useless :think: :silent:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
SamDavis

vettepilot_6 wrote: 12 Jul 2017, 13:54
roma9009 wrote: 11 Jul 2017, 19:16 A certain speaker on friday night about how manufacturer aviarys are not appealing to the eye.
Whoever said this I would have to agree...IMO they are only good for use as a holding aviary... incorrect wire used... gaps too large ..no safety door.. wont stand up to heavy winds.... all in all a pretty poor effort ...maybe okay for parrots and such but for finches and wrens etc...useless :think: :silent:
Agree. But many of these manufacturers will also do welded frames, safety doors, different mesh, etc. The basic aviaries are made to a price.
In addition, Don's issue was purely with the aesthetics, not functionality. He would like to see aviaries designed into the backyard. I think this is a great idea but not for everyone or for everyone's wallet.

Some of his comment on Avian Vets I thought was totally out of line and quite offensive. He did get everyone talking!
Craig52

I have to agree, Don has lost the plot since his TV show was axed. I was shocked with his attitude towards Stacey Gellis's presentation at the last Save the Gouldian open day at Mike's place.
Imo he won't be a guest at any Avicultural occasion due to his arrogance in the future. :thumbdown:
arthur

I guess like most professionals, some avian vets are better than others . .

But by and large experienced avian vets of today are pretty competent

Some years ago I had a problem with a large parrot that required surgery . .

Airport pickup, skilled and successful surgery, daily phone reports during post operative recovery, return airport delivery . . and less than expected fee

No names . . No pack-drill . .

But extremely professional 'operator' . . Thanks again AG

And it goes without saying, that parrots are a lot tougher, and easier to diagnose than finches

Return to “The Lounge”