Cleanout

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Curly

Very nice set up, I think I will try the lattice once I get time to do a refurb
shnapper20

thanks jack, how do you find the canaries tricolor-ed and your softbills mix. I had rfpf and canaries in with my wrens and found they hogged the live food. Come to think of it the gouldians were partial to it as well. Have you been succesful with the strawberries and siskens in the past? As other breeders ive spoken to have claimed to have had no success and partly blamed victoria's climate. If you have is there anything in particular that you would suggest helps? thanks for sharing
shnapper20

sorry for asking a lot of questions but your cylinders are all covered with metal on top, yet your aviary is fully roofed ,, so how come ? thankyou
branchez

shnapper20 wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 18:56 thanks jack, how do you find the canaries tricolor-ed and your softbills mix. I had rfpf and canaries in with my wrens and found they hogged the live food. Come to think of it the gouldians were partial to it as well. Have you been succesful with the strawberries and siskens in the past? As other breeders ive spoken to have claimed to have had no success and partly blamed victoria's climate. If you have is there anything in particular that you would suggest helps? thanks for sharing
[/quote
No problem with this mix of birds,as soon as the new birds have learned the new feed station the canaries are coming out.I have been successful with Strawberries and hit and miss with the Red Siskins.I know of another breeder in Vic who does very well with Strawbs,I'll be getting some from him as soon as he has them DNAed.
shnapper20 wrote: 23 Jul 2017, 19:00 sorry for asking a lot of questions but your cylinders are all covered with metal on top, yet your aviary is fully roofed ,, so how come ? thankyou
The cylinder are not covered with metal,it's waterproof shadecloth,the part they are in has a wire roof covered with shadecloth that allows the rain to fall through,hence the waterproof covered cylinders so that the nests stay dry.
Jack

Return to “The Lounge”