Ballarat sale

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
garyh

This in my opinion was a great sale,headed up to the sale on a bright sunny day,arrived about 11.15,to a chilly 7 degs with plenty of warm friendly people ready to help with the birds,tables were well set out with plenty of room around them,there was a great variety of birds with not an abundance of one thing or the other,parrots to finches were about 50 -50 i thought,good to see the non native birds making a come back to the sales,one guy selling fawn st helenas at $50.00 per pr these birds looked amazing and in great condition,most birds sold in the first hour with the hall half empty by 1.30,very good numbers of buyers with people still arriving as we were leaving at 1.30 ,best thing was the sale wasn't over regulated like at Mornington ,a look at the birds and cages and all was good and the sale went ahead,very stricked on pre selling of birds,great to catch up with forum members,cheers garyh
mr skeeter

i also was selling at the ballast sale a big tick to all involved for there cooperation and help. sold all my birds in the first hour would like to see the covering of the bird boxes after they are set up with water and seed. its a shame this sale is not at the end of august as it would be a lot more suitable for finches with the temperatures a lot warmer. good to catch up with a lot of breeders. cheers
starman

Good to see things going well in Victoria... thanks for the write-up Gary.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
fraudster

Went to the bird sale, it was my first ever "big sale". People have told me that this sale had one of the biggest crowds. Unfortunately I arrived late and most finches were gone, though I did see some good ones such as fawn st helenas for $30 pair, but unfortunately all gone 😔😔 hope to go to a few sales next year
roma9009

Don't think it was as big as years past. Not many finches there really loads of gouldians nothing out of the ordinary.

Return to “The Lounge”