Things Gone Quiet?!?!?

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
STUART WHITING

Birdy43 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 10:35 Love this forum, the advice and threads have been invaluable, as a first time breeder of blue gouldians - which were a complete surprise - as didn't know about split to blues and concerns about chicks in very low night temperatures - the old threads and advice from experienced keepers was fantastic. Also advice received about soaking seed - has made my finch keeping a bit more relaxing.
The FB pages are ok but when you want expert advice - it's straight to the forum for me :thumbup:
Absolutely me freind, I couldn't agree more, well said :thumbup:

Be lucky
Craig52

Thankyou Steward for your kind words. As i am on several finch pages on FB so are a lot of other members from AFF that refer posters looking for some special information to us.
As soon as this happens i post an automatic link through FB just by putting the website up,it shows our banner and who is online and is green which means it's a safe locked site.
Anyway, as i said users are going between both sites which looks like our participation has dropped which is to be expected with so many finch pages world wide now.

Cheers Craig
STUART WHITING

Craig52 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:24 Thankyou Steward for your kind words. As i am on several finch pages on FB so are a lot of other members from AFF that refer posters looking for some special information to us.
As soon as this happens i post an automatic link through FB just by putting the website up,it shows our banner and who is online and is green which means it's a safe locked site.
Anyway, as i said users are going between both sites which looks like our participation has dropped which is to be expected with so many finch pages world wide now.

Cheers Craig
Arh right ok Craig, that's all good to know, thanks for sharing :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:24

Cheers Craig
Ahhh but they cant refer to old threads like this forum can.... and I've been blocked on a couple :shh: :lol: :lol: too in there face for them :P :P they cant handle the truth these new young finch breeders on hybrids and such pmsl.... anyway I'm off to do some work on the aviary...have a good day everyone :wave: :wave:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Yes Dave, i haven't been blocked on them i've left on my own will. The knowall crap that comes out some posters is unbelievable and sad that they can spread and get people to believe what they are saying. I'm not sexist but a certain finch page run by women is a huge disappointment and a slap in the face when you try explain that they are wrong. Latest example and the reason i don't follow any more," Sexing Longtail Finches" Easy to sex, males have red bills and females have yellow bills :o :lol: and they all believed it.
Craig
STUART WHITING

Craig52 wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 08:58 Yes Dave, i haven't blocked on them i've left on my own will. The knowall crap that comes out some posters is unbelievable and sad that they can spread and get people to believe what they are saying. I'm not sexist but a certain finch page run by women is a huge disappointment and a slap in the face when you try explain that they are wrong. Latest example and the reason i don't follow any more," Sexing Longtail Finches" Easy to sex, males have red bills and females have yellow bills :o :lol: and they all believed it.
Craig
Mmm.......yea Craig I know exactly what yer mean, I had exactly the same on a certain finch forum which is run by women and basically based out in America, not that I'm sexist eaither, mention no names but isn't difficult to work out which one :roll:

I was very disappointed to say the least and honestly don't know why I stuck it for as long as I did on there because half of em simply haven't got a clue but will never admit that they are wrong about many issues, I really can't be be dealing with that and is why I like it on here so much, at least on here there are many experienced bird fanciers and can at least have a proper and sensible conversation :D

All the best :thumbup:
STUART WHITING

vettepilot_6 wrote: 19 Nov 2017, 08:29
Craig52 wrote: 18 Nov 2017, 20:24

Cheers Craig
Ahhh but they cant refer to old threads like this forum can.... and I've been blocked on a couple :shh: :lol: :lol: too in there face for them :P :P they cant handle the truth these new young finch breeders on hybrids and such pmsl.... anyway I'm off to do some work on the aviary...have a good day everyone :wave: :wave:
Yea I must admit I'd have to agree there Dave :thumbup:

Have a good day mate and hope yer get a few more bits done on yer avairy
sdegiorgio

If someone was willing to write a short article (one page) about the forum, I would be happy to publish it in the new finches and softbills magazine, and the forum could get some publicity. This is just an idea. Please let me know if this is something worth doing.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King Jr.
gomer

Thats a very kind gesture. I have someone in mind If he has time. He is very good with these types of things.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
sdegiorgio

That's great Gomer. If they are interested, get them to PM me.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. - Martin Luther King Jr.

Return to “The Lounge”