Things Gone Quiet?!?!?

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

vettepilot_6 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:19
ShaneGowland wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:52 Maybe we just make our own social network :problem:
We have a Facebook page. .no one on it...
I was thinking more along the lines of adding some of Facebook's features here. We are, after all, a better crowd.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

We are, after all, a better crowd. :thumbup:
Who want to talk about and post pics of our finches not what we had for breakfast or how many "friends" we have. "friends being people who want to talk to us on facebook after years of ignoring us or never having met us in the real world. :shifty:
LML
LML
gomer

We have been waiting for phpbb software to catch up with some of the facebook style as some of the features are not to bad. But i think personally the search or information availability here is what we wanted to keep many years ago when we talked about going down the facebook track only we have achieved .The facebook page that was opened was opened to make users aware of this site.

If there is anything members wish to mention to make things loud ?!?!? bring it up.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

finchbreeder wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 19:58 We are, after all, a better crowd. :thumbup:
Who want to talk about and post pics of our finches not what we had for breakfast or how many "friends" we have. "friends being people who want to talk to us on facebook after years of ignoring us or never having met us in the real world. :shifty:
LML
Facebook finch pages dont have pics of meals etc..only what birds are eating. .pics of aviaries birds etc...you're thinking of straight social pages...and people who go to those pages have a genuine interest in the birds.... qld finch society is one of them... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Craig52 wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 12:28
vettepilot_6 wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 21:19
ShaneGowland wrote: 12 Aug 2017, 17:52 Maybe we just make our own social network :problem:
We have a Facebook page. .no one on it...
Dave can you tell me how i can access that as i didn't know that. I know all major finch clubs now have a FB site added to their personal Website now, that is used mainly for discussion. But in my opinion it would kill off our Website (AFF) because we are already using it for discussion but in a much more formal organised way.

Cheers Craig
I will try post the link here.... https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1 ... ent_filter
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Craig52

Well I'll be damded Dave, i forgot we had that. I did post in it saying it was just an advertising site but i'm sure if someone who knew what they were doing could get it up and running and have both sites which could interact with each other. Mmmm will have to talk with the AFF team.
Thanks Craig :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Great idea Craig. ..as I think younger generation prefer the quick response to questions. ..then they can be sent here to look up past subjects. .
nicko

arthur wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 17:04
arthur wrote: 13 Aug 2017, 13:17 I'm with FB . .

Silly Old B's like me take half a day to post anything other than 'word-posts'
Might have to rephrase . .
I meant to say that I'm with Finch-Breeder (FB) . .
NOT Face-Book (FB) . . :lol: :crazy: :lol:
Silly Old B :lol: :lol: :lol:
Birdy43

Love this forum, the advice and threads have been invaluable, as a first time breeder of blue gouldians - which were a complete surprise - as didn't know about split to blues and concerns about chicks in very low night temperatures - the old threads and advice from experienced keepers was fantastic. Also advice received about soaking seed - has made my finch keeping a bit more relaxing.
The FB pages are ok but when you want expert advice - it's straight to the forum for me :thumbup:
STUART WHITING

Craig52 wrote: 11 Aug 2017, 21:18 Yes Arthur, we are now battling with many Face book pages dedicated to finches and other bird species. AFF being what it is, is quite formal compared to Face book where anyone can post and say what they like even off topic.
The only real benefit of AFF is that all our posts on any subject can and is archived where FB is once posted and it's gone. AFF is a bit behind the times as far as posting pics and videos which is a backward step compared to FB but we can post larger pics.
AFF is being used to sell our merchandise through FB but only by registered members but can buy for non members through members, but this happens at bird sales anyway
Due to not being able sell our merchandise this year at most bird sales has been a disadvantage but to be honest a lot of merch has gone out through Aus Post through FB
Our membership is still growing and it can be seen by the tally and who's on line but i think they are reading more than posting on anything hence the archives.
Winter is always low on participation and has been since i've been a member. Participation usually goes up from now with the coming breeding season.
Anyway, if you or any member thinks we could do something better or have any idea's on how we can have more participation other than a News letter then please let us know.

Regards Craig
Nice write up there Craig, I must admit that I much prefer to use the AFF, I personally don't like Facebook and don't ever go on it for anything, ( to many numpties ) :lol:

As far as im concerned the AFF is literally the best informative forum of foreign finches on the net, I've been on many around the globe and can honestly say are next to useless, I love this forum and always will for as long as it survives :thumbup:

The very best part of the forum as already mentioned is that all info can be archived and used for all members research, I've always regarded many of you Aussie's to literally be some of the best foreign finch breeders in the world, you've got the birds, the space and the right climate and is why I very much take note of all seriousness in various discussions about the way you Aussie's keep, feed and breed yer birds :thumbup: can't beet first hand experience,

I'm very much into me black headed gouldians and other Australian finches etc and although I mainly aim to breed birds in me birdroom in cabinets etc mainly because of climate, I always think it's good to discuss various breeders ways across the globe,

As a whole I'm very happy with the forum and am often impressed with the running and overall layout of the forum, very easy to read, follow posts and threads etc,

Keep up the good work, great job :clap:

Return to “The Lounge”