Jumpers babies

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
Ajw132

Hi can someone tell me why babies jump out of the nest not sure what type they are painteds cordon stars ruddies or
parrot finches babies are brown and huddled near a quail on eggs it is very hot here on the Gold Coast and should I just leave them on the ground I'm not sure which nest they came from thanks in advance
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes if its hot young will bail...as long as nights aren't too cool they should be fine snuggled up to quail...parents will find them.. :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Tiaris

Most likely Stars or Ruddies if brown - young Ruddies tend to stay on the ground so probably them.
deegs

Hi, when I have young that come out early I always have some smaller branches low to the ground so they can keep off the ground. This also allows them to gradually move up to the higher perches in the aviary as they mature over the coming days. They will be fine.
Cheers.
Ajw132

Update has been 5 days babies still alive almost completely feathered turned out to be painted finches not sure how long till they fly up on perches can't really get off the ground yet
Tiaris

Young Painteds love the ground. They would have gone straight to ground even if they didn't come out early. They are one finch species which can safely handle spending overnight on the ground especially if they have siblings to huddle up to.
matcho

I was going to suggest the painteds as I have had them many times before do the same thing, sometimes barely feathered and still survived.
Well done!
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If it is as warm where you are as my daughter tells me Brissie is at this time this year, then the avairy floor is probably a good place for a finch to be.
Congratulations on your new "feather kids".
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”