New species for me....

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Okay so I have purchased some birds that I have never even seen before or heard of until 12 mths ago....saved up and keen to give them a go....anybody want to guess what they are??? A hint ..not a finch ;-)
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
E Orix

Educated guess what you got, if so well done and good luck with them you won't regret your purchase
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No not those Dave.... :thumbup:
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Tiaris

Parrotlets
elferoz777

Lineolated parrots
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Close Tiaris. ...but Elveroz you're on the money. ... a dna'd pair (4yr and 2yr)of supposedly normal greens.... :thumbup: looking forward to seeing how they go with scarlets in planted aviary. ...
E Orix

It seems you are moving over to the dark side. :crazy: :lol:
elferoz777

vettepilot_6 wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 06:22 Close Tiaris. ...but Elveroz you're on the money. ... a dna'd pair (4yr and 2yr)of supposedly normal greens.... :thumbup: looking forward to seeing how they go with scarlets in planted aviary. ...
They are a great bird but a challenge. Breeders vary from great to dodge with many birds handreared making them either great calm parents or hopeless.

Ive had them for years now and love them. I know the good and not so good breeders and have learnt a heap about them.

If you ever need any advice or have questions feel free to ask.
Breeding Project 2020-2025.
agate mosaic canaries, agate yellow mosaic canaries, red zebs, self bengos and goldfinch mules.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

E Orix wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 07:49 It seems you are moving over to the dark side. :crazy: :lol:
A little bit over.... the scarlet linnies and maybe a pr of turqs later will be my crossing to the dark side... still want to try weavers. ...on my bucket list... :thumbup:
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

elferoz777 wrote: 28 Dec 2017, 08:22
They are a great bird but a challenge. Breeders vary from great to dodge with many birds handreared making them either great calm parents or hopeless.

Ive had them for years now and love them. I know the good and not so good breeders and have learnt a heap about them.

If you ever need any advice or have questions feel free to ask.

Thanks I may take you up on that... :thumbup:

Return to “The Lounge”