help from finch breeders

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
george gaoutsos

i bought a himalayan green finch, from finch breeder brookfield melton.

i bought 3pm tuesday and the bird on the floor in the cabinet holding dead the next day.

id like to know from the finch breeders if he has to replace the bird or pay the money back. also how as a young breeder if this is right, how am i going to trust the finch breeders to continue my hobby. i would like your opinions.
Finchnut

I think the bird should be replaced but this is alway a tricky area. Good luck I be keen to see the feed back from other breeders.
Mr Tino

Hi George what you are saying is true and he should honour his word what has happen and do the right thing,people like this bring disgrace to bird game, it should never had happen. :thumbup:
Last edited by Mr Tino on 28 Jan 2018, 09:23, edited 4 times in total.
Tiaris

Depends very much on particular details such as: was the bird in good condition when purchased? Was it thin? What if any food was provided in the carry box and the cage when brought home? How long did the bird have to settle in, find food, etc. before dark? What environment was it placed into, other birds, animals, people which could have disturbed it?
I personally would replace it if all seemed ok, but it is the buyers responsibility to assess the condition of a new bird and take responsibility for it's food housing and environment as soon as they take it away from the supplier. Also a good idea to pick up new birds early in the day to give the best chance of settling in at its new home and to seek advice on diet & other preferences from the supplier & supply these as best as possible.
george gaoutsos

Tiaris wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 19:40 Depends very much on particular details such as: was the bird in good condition when purchased? Was it thin? What if any food was provided in the carry box and the cage when brought home? How long did the bird have to settle in, find food, etc. before dark? What environment was it placed into, other birds, animals, people which could have disturbed it?
I personally would replace it if all seemed ok, but it is the buyers responsibility to assess the condition of a new bird and take responsibility for it's food housing and environment as soon as they take it away from the supplier. Also a good idea to pick up new birds early in the day to give the best chance of settling in at its new home and to seek advice on diet & other preferences from the supplier & supply these as best as possible.
If it was a healthy and strong bird it would not die in less than 24 hours!
Tiaris

Do you have any idea why it died? Was its keel bone "sharp" (an indicator of existing illness/poor condition), could it have had a night fright where it was kept and broke its neck/head haemorage?
george gaoutsos

Tiaris wrote: 27 Jan 2018, 19:53 Do you have any idea why it died? Was its keel bone "sharp" (an indicator of existing illness/poor condition), could it have had a night fright where it was kept and broke its neck/head haemorage?
My opinion is the bird was in poor condition.When i put the bird in the quarantine cabinet,I noticed she couldnt fly properly.The bird was dead the next morning,and very very skinny!!
Tiaris

If the bird was skinny & couldn't fly properly, the breeder should definitely replace it or refund you, but next time you buy a bird you should make sure it can fly properly and check its condition before you take it.
george gaoutsos

Tiaris wrote: 28 Jan 2018, 06:24 If the bird was skinny & couldn't fly properly, the breeder should definitely replace it or refund you, but next time you buy a bird you should make sure it can fly properly and check its condition before you take it.
thanks Tiaris for your advise
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It is a judgment call that all buyers must make. Do I take a risk on this bird or not. Sometimes birds that look great die for no apparent reason. Maybe they did not find the food or were startled and flew into the wall or wire. Sometimes a bird is scruffy and not flying right and goes on to be a trooper.
I bought a Ruddy cock that was scruffy and not flying right when I got him home just a couple of months back, he now looks great and is looking in nests with his little mate. Somtimes its something sometimes its nothing. We the buyers must make a judgement call. Sorry it didn't work for you.
LML
LML

Return to “The Lounge”