New avairy and new addition to flock

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
gumlu goulds

Hey

So qurrentine of new birds is up and after a near disaster trying to catch goulds for air sac treatment i decided to create an outer flight room. Its a little dark atm been raining for a week here am getting lighting next week. Any suggeations?
Also have purchased s76 treatmet and quick gel to make treatment little easier. Had to get it from a vet in nsw. $$$

The little one i had trouble with ants in nest is doing great now eating on his own but still begging from parents and new arivals. Have 4 nesting boxes for 3 pair. Enough?

After a week of rain and large thunder at night birds look a little tired having quick naps in between feeds. Dont seem to like rain much. Anyways here is some photos let me know what u think.
Cheers

GG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gumlu goulds

North qld wet and what a wet it is this year appox 200mm 3 days
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Looks great
.yes same here with the rain..as for nest boxes really need 2 to 3 for each pair at different heights etc.... 😉
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would remove some of that timber accross the centre inside the cage to allow the birds to more easily fly up and down. And put the food at floor level to encourage up and down flight. This is more strengthening than lengthwise flight. I may be wrong but it looks like they are only able to comfortably use the top 1/3 of the cage. They look like a nice mixed bunch. Enjoy.
LML
LML
gumlu goulds

Yes u are correct they only use top 3rd only going down to.clean up scraps of.ginnie grass they drop. Will remove timber when i can.

2 or 3 each ok better get building ive been slack and bought those ones 10 bucks each

GG

Return to “The Lounge”