Wanted to Buy

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
collector_and_buyer

Just sitting here and browsing through the old wanted to buy posts and can't help noticing the amount of lookers on each post,compared to the actual people that reply with a bird,or birds.Surely there are a lot more people out there that could fill these requests?.Is it the distance,effort required to get the birds to the person wanting them or are these birds just not there?.Look at the amount of people who look at the posts compaired to the amount who respond positively to them,it doesn't add up.We don't seem to be very helpful to each other, imo.Even if a lead as to where a particular wanted to buy bird or birds could possibly be aquired was posted,this would be better than nothingThis only my opinion,others may differ,but look at the stats.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes maybe we need a new topic..one that says can you help..or do you know who may have these??? Or none around anymore 😯
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Greg41

Perhaps the transactions are done via the PM button?
GDG
mr skeeter

maybe the birds people are chasing are not available, i was chasing yellow wing pytilias not one response somebody must have them i would hope or are they coming to an end. cheers
collector_and_buyer

Thats exactly what i am saying mr skeeter.There are a lot of "wanted to buy" adds and very few responses,except for some of the more commonly kept specie.Maybe some of these rarer or harder to obtain birds are not as prevalent in our aviaries anymore or they are being sold privately without being advertised here on AFF.Even if other members could steer you in the right direction to help attain whatever,would be better than no replies at all.
wagga

I wonder if a type of 'secret society' is involved here Dale.

I know most finchos are more than helpful when asked about the availability of most finches species.

BUT there are certain people who dont know or wont tell you a thing. As you know this happens in parts of society and birds breeders are no different. A type of elitism by a few arrogant know it all types. OR I wonder if, in fact the polar opposite to what I am saying is the species is simply not available anymore.????

BTW - When ever I place a 'wanted to buy, for sale or swap' on the forum most people PM their details. And Yes I did receive a couple of offers on my own recent listing with plenty of lookers.
Life in Port Macquarie is the ultimate Aussie sea change lifestyle.
Tiaris

I know of a couple of previous YW Pytilia breeders who no longer breed them. That's often all it take for a drastic drop in overall numbers of already rare species. Definitely a species in dire need of urgent attention I reckon - especially by those with access to termites as livefood.
TomDeGraaff

As a person with nothing of particular concern to this topic, I do have a few thoughts here.
I have had my house broken into, my car stolen and I have known of many, yes many who have had their birds either stolen, attempted or have had strangers visit with dubious stories.
Call me paranoid (many do! :)), but it is natural for people to be conservative wrt their special things and this includes our birds.
This forum is open. No one really knows who is reading these posts and if you think you are anonymous, think again. Someone knows someone who knows someone...
If you are interested in these birds, ask directly, use the pms
I am a great supporter of privacy and I don't need to tell everyone the ins and ours of a duck's bottom Conversely, I expect no more from others. :)
Shane Gowland
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TomDeGraaff wrote: 05 May 2018, 00:11 This forum is open. No one really knows who is reading these posts and if you think you are anonymous, think again. Someone knows someone who knows someone...
If you are interested in these birds, ask directly, use the pms
I am a great supporter of privacy and I don't need to tell everyone the ins and ours of a duck's bottom Conversely, I expect no more from others. :)
This is a really excellent point. It's a semi-public forum, so if you don't want something to be publicly known, only share it via the PM system. Even the moderators and admins can't read other people's private messages (under normal circumstances).
gomer

Just looked at the wanteds there is alot of zero replies there. Thats a big difference to the for sales.

Is this area actually being used and getting responses to posters ?

Personally I have had two posts in reasonably recently,One with a uncommon bird.The other with a common bird and did not get one response.Or even a lead.
Keeper of Australian Grass Finches

Return to “The Lounge”