java sparrow compatibility

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
matcho

Norse,

They truly are good looking birds, but, from what I have read on this site and elsewhere those two birds in your photo are pied, or split to pied. The bird on the right has a white feather above its left eye and the left hand bird has white under the beak. Admittedly it is only a feather or two but that, as I was told indicates the pied gene as well as the colouring of toenails. I suppose it is like the plight of the Gouldian. Trying to find absolute pure bred naturals is difficult.

No arguments please, just passing on what I was told and have read.

Ken.
Norse

Matcho I agree both split pieds, I have 25% chance of breeding normals from them as long as no other splits are hidden, fingers crossed 😊
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

My recently deceased (due to old age) Cock Java had just the one white feather under his chin. His mate was a very heavy pied. Consistent production of 75/85% very heavy pied chicks. And most were strapping great big birds too. So anyone who bought some fitting that description from Bird and Fish place in Perth over the past several years may have their offspring.
LML
LML
Norse

Update, I left them in aviary by themselves while considering and sourcing room mates checked nest today 5 eggs, hens been in nest about a week so I think ill let them be alone for a little longer
projects atm Normal and AY Gouldians, Red zebs and java's

Return to “The Lounge”