Cordons V Ruddies

This is the spot for you to post anything and everything.
Have a good look at our other available forums before posting.
This will ensure that you post in the appropriate forum.
starman

Sorry about the deceptive title... but only seven more sleeps to go:

The NRL Blues V Maroons, Australia's most intense sporting spectacle (providing you're not a horse racing fan).

Kick off : 8pm, June 6 from the heart of AFL territory, the MCG.... a great venue for any sport.

I'm feeling twitchy already, evading all those killer tackles really does me in.... I'm getting (almost) too old to even watch.
Sm.
Avid student of Estrildids in aviculture.
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Boring...armchair gladiators love watching it. ...I loved playing when I was young..but to watch others have fun..sorry ffk that...not my cup of tea...ready for the dissing...lol
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
starman

vettepilot_6 wrote: 30 May 2018, 22:21 Boring...armchair gladiators love watching it. ...I loved playing when I was young..but to watch others have fun..sorry ffk that...not my cup of tea...ready for the dissing...lol
There'll be no dissing from me VP.... too busy sharpening my sword and polishing my shield. The National Tiddlywinks Championships later this year will help calm me down. :lol:

I also played through high school.... spent more time injured than I did playing... but still love it.
Sm.
finchbreeder
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'd rather go and play Croquet. It takes a lot of skill to get a ball through a hoop that is so close to the same width.
Watching other people play any sport is not really my thing.
But everyone to their own thing.
Enjoy.
LML
LML
vettepilot_6
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

No real skills required. ..but anything with an engine and you have my full attention 😉
The Bitterness of Poor Quality Remains Long after the Sweetness of Cut Price is Forgotten
Tiaris

I love Rugby League as much as breeding birds. State of origin games are always the best contests the game has to offer & I'll never miss a minute of it.
I think the NSW media/commemtators are falling into the same trap they always do when they make team changes & assuming it will now be a one-sided win to the Cordons. The Ruddies are still a handy outfit & I wouldn't write them off.
arthur

Each S.o.O game is an epic contest . . a game between what are probably two best Rugby League teams that could be chosen from anywhere in the world

As such, I rate the correct odds for both sides at 'even-money' and in every game, I back the team which is the outsider

Up until Queensland's dream run of the last few years, I was well ahead, but have now 'come back to the field' considerably

Obviously I am a parochial :soppy: :raspberry: :kiss: :heart: QUEENSLANDER :heart: :kiss: :raspberry: :soppy: . .

But I like to think that I bet with my head and not my heart, and with their 'outsider' tag this game, they will carry my 'hard-earned . .
starman

Tiaris wrote: 31 May 2018, 07:27 I think the NSW media/commemtators are falling into the same trap they always do when they make team changes & assuming it will now be a one-sided win to the Cordons. The Ruddies are still a handy outfit & I wouldn't write them off.
A very salient comment , Tiaris.

The importance of understanding the traits of the players around you is huge at this level.

Our school coach wasn't renowned for his team praise. Win or lose, he usually stood in the aisle of the bus and gave us an ear bashing all the way home.
When we beat the (name withheld) institution's team, we were very pleased with ourselves but I can recall him saying, "If they can put the same team on the field for a few games, they'll be unbeatable". He went on to explain that some players were frequently unavailable for disciplinary reasons.That news took the wind right out of our sails... and time proved he was absolutely correct.
Sm.
Tiaris

A good illustration of that the current/recent Qld reign was largely based on a core of brilliant players' understanding of each other's abilities and how to work best to complement each other.
This year though is a very clean slate of many new players for both teams. The existing club combo of the NSW halves is a plus for them partially offset by the questionable defence under pressure of the rookie centres. I think Qld will focus their attack wide of the ruck to pressure them (Roberts & Mitchell) all game.
starman

Tiaris wrote: 31 May 2018, 17:26 A good illustration of that the current/recent Qld reign was largely based on a core of brilliant players' understanding of each other's abilities and how to work best to complement each other.
This year though is a very clean slate of many new players for both teams. The existing club combo of the NSW halves is a plus for them partially offset by the questionable defence under pressure of the rookie centres. I think Qld will focus their attack wide of the ruck to pressure them (Roberts & Mitchell) all game.
Totally agree.

Plus the absence of Smith, Cronk, and Thurston will make for some interesting new dynamics in attack. Can't wait to see how it plays out.

We'd better include some bird talk some time soon, before Craig kills the thread.
Sm.

Return to “The Lounge”